Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

ⒸThe Flame Dies



09JUN

Words of despair written by me to express the plight of the forgotten few who are invisible to us “busy” people.

I sense the roots
I cannot see
Stars shine, not for me.
Pithy so pithy
Above, trees, swaying
The north wind, baying
A macabre falsetto
Andante to allegretto

Cold; so cold, frozen.
Tears, warming tracts,
Fall on rotting bracts
Oh, the irony!
I, decaying inside
They dying outside
New life will evolve
Alas, this one to resolve

Oh God! I need a drink.
Sweet Bacchus I pray
Fine wine before day.
Alone, so dark, help me
Frosted leaves form my quilt
Empty bottle, full of guilt.
Guilt for drinking, for lying
For stealing, for dying.

All there through frosted glass
A crystal ball by London Gin
My life there, within
I watch my flame flicker
I lie here, prone
Cold, all alone
I watch my flame flicker
I watch my flame flicke……

No comments:

Post a Comment